Friday, March 23, 2007

Review by Sunset Ranch

Jamie, the proud owner of the newly established stable of Sunset Ranch (notable: 5 yo male Naive) has submitted a review and some random thoughts from the angle of a new player.
----------------------------------------------------
Tonight as I go back and read some of the older posts that have been submitted on the forum I feel like there are a couple of things I would like to say about the game.

First of all, I have been playing sim games for a long time, back in the day before computers were big and we got our points from the newspaper box scores. I have played Nascar, NFL, College football, NBA, College basketball, and am currently playing in a stock market sim game. I have even been "commissioner" of a few of these leagues so I know a little bit of what it takes to run a successful game. Never in my years of playing these have I been affiliated with a better or more diverse group of people then what Laurie has created in Photo Finish.

When I first signed on for this I had no idea what I was doing I have never been to a race track and have very limited experience with horses, but I love to gamble and there for I thought I would give it a try. The game is phenomenal, I love it (I must, being I have yet to win any real money) but I must be honest with you I really, really enjoy the forum. I have never been out of the United States,( traveled a little throughout the country) but in just this short time, I have talked to people in Australia, England, Texas, Italy, Spain, and many countries throughout Europe ,and probably a bunch of other countries I didn't even know of. This "game" for me is a lot more than just horses racing around a track I feel like I have made many friends, people I can talk with and share my sad times and happy times with.

So I would just like to say THANK YOU to all of you and I feel very fortunate to be a part of such a wonderful group of people, I only wish we could all meet up one day for the Breeders Cup and knock down a few, Margaritas, Pints, Guinness, Whiskey, fine wines from Spain, Fosters (oil can), and a hot Budweiser from the good ol’ U.S of A.

Laurie you should be very proud of yourself for what you have accomplished, we all should be proud of building the horse racing Dynasty that is PHOTO FINISH.

Jamie C.

2 comments:

Jim Webber said...

I agree Calloway.

The people involved with this game are tremendous. I have made many friends scattered all over the world. These are people that I don't get to see personally, but I feel an attachment to them just like they lived next door.

Very nice of you to say what you did and I couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

What a nice article! And I whole-heartedly agree. I have also been involved with serveral sims (incliding a horse racing one), but not any like PF. In all honestly it has been the ONLY one capable of drawing me in like it has - some days I dream of it and what to do with my "Babies". I drive people (namely my husband) mad with talk of it. Rarely I will go an entire day without checking up on the PF website about what's been going down. You may think a 23 year old girl would have better things to do with her Saturday Nights than sit and wait for results of a days racing that in all reality never truly exists - And the truth is I do. But this is PF and I have a stable to run :P